41st Annual West Hamilton Dinner
Chapter Fall Awards Ceremony & Silent Auction
October 24, 2015
This event will raise scholarship funds for highly qualified graduating JROTC high school seniors and ROTC College freshmen and other programs sponsored by the chapter. Awards to be presented at the event (2015) are the DC Chapter Voluntarism Award, DC Chapter Robert "Bobby" Burke Award, DC Chapter Junior ROCK of the Year, DC Chapter ROCK of the Year, and Lifetime of Leadership Award. We will also have Gold Star Mothers (parents who sons or daughters were Killed in Action (KIA) in attendance as our guest.
Thank you all for your support of the 41st Annual West Hamilton Membership Dinner set for 24 OCT 15 starts at 6:00pm at the Embassy Suites Springfield (5 mins from Fort Belvoir), 8100 Loisdale Road, Springfield Va 22150, (571)-339-2000. We have rooms blocked for this event. Please call to make your reservation and the reservation code is 41W. Chairperson and emcee is Kim McGhee. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is sure to be an evening of fun and celebration! It is only with your support that the event will be successful. So, we thank you again on behalf of the Washington, D.C. Chapter of The ROCKS, Inc.
Free childcare on-site for registrants for children (five and older).
Please click on this link to register: https://rocksdc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=712366&item_id=459620&&eml=1
6:00-7:00 pm President Reception and Silent Auction in the Garfield Room
6:30 - 7:30 pm Social Hour-"Networking and Mentoring"
7:30 pm Welcome Chairperson/MC is Kim McGhee
7:35 pm Opening Remarks by the President Sheila Flowers
7:40 pm Invocation
7:45 pm Buffet "Soul Food" dinner including "Wrinkles"
8:30 pm Awards, Silent Auction Results and Payment
9:15 pm Benediction
9:30 pm Closing Remarks by the President
9:30 - 11:30pm Dancing/DJ
SOUL FOOD Buffet
Southern Fried Chicken
Mac and Cheese
Rolls, Tea and Coffee
Free self parking at hotel.
Please go to the registration website or contact Kim McGhee or Sheila Howell-Flowers to be a sponsor for this event!
Thanks to Andre Barnes at email@example.com for working the Silent Auction. We are accepting in-kind-gifts and monetary donations.
Items available at silent auction: (not all inclusive)
1. One Room Night (Friday or Saturday) at Embassy Suite Springfield, 8100 Loisdale Road, Springfield, Va (Valued at $150.00)
2. Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Umbrella. Conrado's International, Inc. Greek Apparel at www.conradointernationalinc.com(Valued at $35.00)
3. Four (4) Hours of DJ time from DJ Ice - 703-625-1633 (Valued at $575.00)
4. Gift Certificate from Brozzelli Bros Deli Fort Belvoir (Valued at $25.00)
5. Four (4) Hours of DJ time from DJ Steve McFreak-703-625-3626 (Valued at $575.00)
6. Four (4) Golfers to play in 10th Annual Washington DC Chapter of The ROCKS, Inc. Golf Tournament on 11 JUN 16 (SAT) at 0800 at Oprey's Golf Course (Valued at $500.00)
7. Large stuffed animal, a Redskins stadium chair, Duracell Lighted
Arm Bands for running in the dark or low visibility
8. Picture frames, a "Baptism" art print, a jewelry box and jewelry tree, and wine bottle and wine glass framed art.
******A special thank you to Kim McGhee and the volunteer committee for putting together a splendid event on October 25, 201! We expect that our event this year will also be a SUCCESS!